Friday, May 14, 2010

Writen just before my 31st birthday

Well, I am only a few days away from my 31st Birthday! I am currently working on an off duty job and decided to spend my downtime catching up a bit on my journal. I cant believe that I am almost 31! It seems like a few days ago that I was in my early twenties….

I am very satisfied for where I am at this ripe age of mine. I am happily married to the love of my life and I have three beautiful children. Robyn is 10 years old and seems so old these days. She is very helpful and is blossoming into a beautiful young woman. She is so kind and sweet and I hope that she stays far away from the terrible teen stages some youth go through. I’m sure she will be fine as her natural disposition seems so unlike those traits I fear.

Olivia is almost 5 and is such a fun little person to be around. She is full of character and always cracks me up with the things she says and does. She loves to talk and is very social when we are in public. She loves going up to random people with dogs and asking them if she can pet their dog. She is currently into the Nickelodeon cartoon “Avatar, the Last Air Bender” and she always pretends to water bend when we are playing around. She also loves kung fu style fighting from “Kung Fu Panda” and she is also a musketeer just as “Barbie the Musketeer” is… haha. She loves to paint and she is showing some talent with it too. I love taking her to school and playing dora the explorer in the car. She is learning so much and growing so fast! I wish she could stay this cute and little for a bit longer.

Landon is almost 3 and is barely showing signs of improvement from his terrible twos… haha. He is a handful right now and is always busy looking for stuff to play with (destroy). He is such a little boy and so darn cute! Even though its tough some days, I know I will miss this stage one day. He is so innocent and inquisitive and I wish I could keep him this pure forever. He is learning the art of air and water bending from Olivia and he is learning about Musketeers as well. He is truly a Mamma’s boy as he seems to be glued to Anissa’s side and would be totally content if he could be surgically attached to her.

Anissa is such a great Mother to the kids and an amazing wife to me. We celebrated Mothers day yesterday and I helped the kids make some cards for her and then we cleaned up a bit and I made breakfast (actually lunch) for everyone before I left for work. It felt good to cook and clean and try to take up more of the responsibility that she usually holds. It amazes me how much Anissa does and how selflessly she does it. Mothers in general do so much, but some mothers have more selflessness than others and Anissa is among the greats in my mind! She is patient and loving and never ceases to amaze me with how much she does and how much she gives up for all of us.

Recently we have befriended a few couples in the ward and Anissa and I have hung out a few times with Cambi and Joey and their Kids. Olivia and Landon love hanging out with their kids who are similar ages and Anissa and Cambi are becoming more and more close. I am so glad for her to befriend someone like this and for us to have friends who have kids for our kids to play with too. Anissa just recently started going to a work out group with girls from the ward 3 times a week and she is teaching pilates to them on Fridays. Its great to see her excited to do this and to see how convenient it is. For a mothers day present Anissa and Cambi are going to go stay at a hotel in Scottsdale and get a 24+ break from their motherly duties.

I currently own a Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom and am loving every chance I get to ride it while it is for sale. I have ridden 2000+ miles and gone on two 300 mile long trips on it. I am currently working Swing shift with W,T,F off from 1400-2400 hours. Our yearly bid is coming up and I am thinking of switching over to Dayshift. I think it will be best for the family life if I work days and even though I would prefer the type of work and calls of swing shift, I am willing to do days because ultimately family is number one to me! I am currently learning to play the bagpipes for the police honor guard. I am loving the experience that the honor guard gives me and cant wait to play the pipes one day!

Mom and Dad are currently in Dallas, TX because Uncle Joe had another heart attack and underwent an Angioplasty procedure. The surgery was not successful and the doctors said that it’s a matter of time before Joe has another heart attack and may die. Its crazy how many times we have heard this from doctors and how many times he has pulled out of the situation. He is a fighter and has a strong will but at the same time, he is mortal and we all know that one day the encounter with death will come. Its sad to think that one day he will be gone and it reminds me that mortality is temporary and that one day everyone I know including myself will personally experience the touch of deaths hand. I pray that I can be strong when it comes and takes those I love and I pray that those I love will be strong when it comes for me. If one we were allowed one farewell call back home once we die! That would make the experience so much easier, but I guess its all about faith in things un seen, huh.

Well, this is a long journal entry so I will wrap it up. Noah and I will be 31 years old in 4 days and we are both loving every minute of our lives. I am glad to have him close by so we can do stuff and his new schedule as a business owner allows us to do more things together. Life is great and hopefully will continue going well for a while at least. Until the next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 37.5[/url] are tablets that forbear abridge fuselage weight. One of these tabs has to be captivated with water, round 20 minutes before a collation, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.payloansonline.com]payday advance[/url]
This is the best way to get all your health products online like green coffee, african mango, phen375 and others. Visit now

[url=http://www.prlog.org/12053028-provillus-hair-restoration-company-now-offers-regrowth-solution-for-men-by-provillus.html]Provillus Women[/url]