Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Car


I purchased a 2000 oldsmobile intrigue today and I feel I did good with the price and all. This car was first listed on craigslist at 3000 dollars. The seller then went down to 2200 and the day I called to go see the car he discovered the ac was not working and would have to be replaced so he told me he would sell it for 1500 dollars.

Today I went with a mechanic who checked everything out and we discovered that the ac does work it just takes long to charge due to a loose "humming valve" (I think thats what he called it). Anyhow this thing causes the belt to have less strength to charge the ac which already needed charging so it made it look like the ac didnt work when really it does.

So long story short I bought a car valued by kelly blue book at 3000 dollars for only 1500 dollars because the ac didnt work which really it does..... I will probably put in another 300 bucks in mechanic work but over all I got a great deal. This car looks very clean and well maintained and I am a million times happier with it than I was with the 800 dollar car I bought last week!

It is hard to find acceptable cars when your budget is around 2000 bucks!

1 comment:

Giselle Rasheta said...

That car looks pretty nice! I hope it works out well for you. Let me know how it sounds and runs once you get it back from the mechanics.