Monday, October 1, 2007

Horray!


Today at 7:00 pm I will have my family back! I am so excited to have them, its amazing how incomplete I feel without Anissa around and it makes me feel like there is a bit less importance to what I do through out the day. I love having a purpose and duty to come home and be a husband and father and balance work with rest and spend time doing my part. The last few days I have not felt that and I feel like its hard to feel as happy or satisfied without that extra duty.
Today I took Olivia to the mall so she could ride the pink horse she has learned to love (thanks to Abuelita and Papi). I posted a few pictures of it on the family blog, she is so cute and I love knowing she is my daughter and I get to raise her and teach her and provide for her.

Here is another picture of her actually riding the horse.

This coming week (Tuesday to Friday) I will be working with the secretaries at the central substation to give me some transitional duty from patrolling while I heal from the nose surgery. We'll see how that goes but I'm looking forward to getting back to work after that. Work is fun and time goes by fast. I plan on starting at least one shift of overtime each week to help raise some money for debt re-payment, toys and vacation expenses. I'll keep you informed as to the actual realization of that goal.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jennie and I were talking the other day about how you were the nicest husband in the world and how we were so happy for Anissa to have married you, and you marry her. Not that our husbands aren't nice, they certainly are, but we were just happy for you guys!

Rasheta Family said...

Thank you for your kind words.... we certainly are happy and I love how both of us feel like we lucked out with the other. I wish you guys lived closer to us, Anissa loves you two and always tells me how much she wishes you were closer... Plus I would get along well with your husbands! Thanks again.